Madison's historic railroad station was donated to the community in 1916 by Marcellus Hartley Dodge, Sr. and Geraldine Rockefeller Dodge. The tracks were elevated through the downtown and no established roadways were hindered by crossing delays. The station included baggage and cargo facilities readily accessible by wagons as well as the stationmaster offices, a newsstand, and waiting facilities featuring extensive banks of high-backed wooden seating. Weeping Mulberry trees were planted among the landscaping and in natural areas in the parking area.
Madison's downtown is supported by the Madison Downtown Development Commission and a downtown manager. Many historical buildings remain in the community. The Madison Civic Commercial Historic District, which includes much of "downtown" as well as the borough hall and the train station, is listed on the State Register of Historic Places. The borough hall and the train station were donated to the community by Geraldine R. Dodge and Marcellus Hartley Dodge, Sr. as a memorial to their son who died in an automobile crash shortly after his graduation from Princeton University. Commercial vacancy rates are low. In recent years Madison has become noted for the number and quality of its restaurants.
Giralda Farms, a planned office development, occupies 175 acres of the former Geraldine R. Dodge estate in Madison (she and her husband had separate estates). The site includes the corporate headquarters of the Atlantic Mutual Insurance Company (until its liquidation in 2011), Maersk Lines and Quest Diagnostics. Covering 181 acres, the site requires that all parking be underground and that 85% of the land be undeveloped.
Percentage change from latest quarter vs same time period previous year
Data compiled using 4th quarter 2020 data vs. same period from 2019
Oops! We could not locate your form.